SerB explains World of Warplanes advantages over War Thunder: “Our planes don’t fly sideways and turn on the spot like Ahnenerbe flying saucers. Apart from being realistic, (SS: it allows you) the possibility to predict your opponent’s behavior and not having to fire randomly, we have no need for (SS: “ленты без трасс” – “something without tracers”? Sorry, I honestly don’t know the correct translation here, my best guess would be “battles without tracer rounds”) in order to compensate for that. We have better battle organization – we don’t make games for no-life nerds, but for busy guys, who can relax with the game after work. We don’t have pay-to-win in main battle mode. Our monetization politics are traditionally soft. We have shorter grind towards top tiers (just like in WoT), possible even without premium account. No-lifers shall not pass. We have better quality plane models. We have easier to understand damage model, which however is complex enough at the same time to (it’s possible to shoot off a wing or a tail, to kill the pilot, destroy the engine, while the airplane cannot eat all the damage forever). In long term, we’ll have more planes. And when I fix the deficiencies (lower FPS) – it will be really great.” SerB also states the cons of WoWp: performance (for now), the fact server-side-heavy game puts a lot of pressure on the graphic engine, more optimization needed - there will be possibly even more planes than WoT tanks in WoWp - Q: “I have a question. Is there something you are hiding from the players?!” A: “Of course. For example my credit card number.” - Q: “Will Object 261 be faster?” A: “As soon as you provide historical documents showing it was faster, we will implement that.” - T-34T (torsion bar experimental T-34) won’t be implemented anytime soon, however A-43(T-34M) is a torsion bar re-work of the T-34 (SS: and A-43 will come in 8.8) - Q: “People whine about TD’s now. Who do you think will be next?” A: “Mediums. Because heavies wouldn’t whine about themselves” - it is actually advantageous to use the “Jack of all trades” commander perk in crews, where the commander plays more roles (for example, acts as a radioman)

More...