Status Report: Storm's Q&A
- According to Storm the known Russian videomaker Murazor is "producing crap as usual" (Murazor made a video where he criticized WG for not implementing the Xbox One graphics to the PC version of WoT);
- Storm "does not promise" significant graphic improvements in WoT this year: "we are focused on something else";
- Storm does not remember discussing the option to use the same crew for 2-3 tanks, it is not planned;
- Havok: "when it's done it's done";
- IS-3 is more popular than KV-1 on RU server;
- It's possible that KV-1 in HD will come this year;
- Storm cannot estimate how realistic would it be to export the Xbox One client to 64bit Windows;
- Storm is not happy that "unfortunately many people spend time corellating Wargaming promises and failures: it's a Big Office problem";
- KV-5 buff? Storm states that he saw its statistics half a year ago and he doubts anything changed since then. If it was buffed, it would be imbalanced.
- KV-5 is doing fine statistically and is in top one third in effectiveness on its tier;
- Currently, KV-5 is not imbalanced, it is "seriously the same as other premiums";
- According to Storm, PC World of Tanks will have better graphics than Xbox One version and it will not take forever;
- Storm is looking forward to Fallout 4;
- Q: "When do you plan to switch IS-6?" A: "Why switch it?";
- Storm on HD models:
"HD tank models are difficult to produce. They have to be realistic. They get fixed many times over, they get reworked and switched many times between the outsourcer and the customer. HD houses and stones are simplier to model by several orders of magnitude. I think that they will come faster."
- Jagdtiger 88 and Tiger II are both already being reworked to HD;
- Developers wanted to make the HD models realistic from the very start but Storm admits it might have been easier to do them from the start;
- HD T34 is also being developed;
- Developers do not plan to switch Bigworld to another engine, they plan to develop it further;
- "Almost nothing is left" of the original Bigworld graphics engine, everything was reworked and improved;
- New modes, improved matchmaker, artillery rebalance and new features - Storm: "Three things of this list are being worked on right now";
- There "is now way back" when it comes to HD models, developers cannot leave one half with low quality;
- Storm confirms that WG is working both on new graphics and MM improvement;
- Storm on why Xbox One WoT will have 400 HD tanks straight away: "The content requirements there are lower and their tanks will have lower quality than our HD tanks. They reworked the tanks to HD regardless of historical references, they simply added more polygons to existing models. We are reworking them by completely reassembling the reference pack for each vehicle. Maybe our variant is not the right one but it is what it is."
- T-54 turret will not be reworked further;
- There are plans to rework the T-54 HD model because it seems to be inferior to other HD models in quality;
- Storm states that whether to rework everything at once or to spread content over multiple patches is one of the most complicated questions;
- Storm states that multiturret mechanism is mostly pointless as usually it is so that one turret has a powerful gun and the rest has some peashooters and Storm doesn't know what good they are for anyway. Multiturret mechanism is overrated according to him but it will be implemented at some point in the future nonetheless.
- Additionally, multiturret mechanism needs a large rewrite of a huge chunk of base code. There are like 10 multiturret vehicles suitable for the game and most of the additional guns cannot seriously influence gameplay, that's why it was postponed.
- WG has "many ideas" about perk and skill rework, including a complete crew system overhaul;
- Storm is playing a lot of internal testing sessions, he has little time to play random battles;
- Storm agrees that the current situation is that bloggers and videomakers are agitating their readers into pointlessly attacking Wargaming and its employees. Storm: "WG accepts criticism normally - but criticism, not shit throwing";
- Storm on why is is sometimes vulgar to players: "you get the same answers as the questions you ask";
- There are no "bonuses" (in RNG or elsewhere) in the game for experienced players.