Last year there was a leak that revealed a large number of supertest icons, this is nothing new but I just want to take a closer look at one of vehicles before I go on vacation. The T6 to the untrained eye just looks like early Sherman. This is almost correct. The T6 was the projected replacement of the M3 Lee in Feb. 1941. This was right after the production of the M3 started. The main problem with the design of the Lee was that the 75 mm gun was limited in its traverse thanks to wonderfully thought out engineering of the sponson mount. The T6 retained the M3 Lee’s hull with the sponson removed with the protection increased slightly and featured a new turret. By Sept. of 1941 the T6 was ready for testing. The T6 was armed with the 75 mm M2(but it was designed for the M3 gun) which was capable of -12/+25 depression/elevation. There were also plans to utilize a twin 37 mm gun system, a 105 mm howitzer, 3 .50 cal MGs for AA work, and the British 6 pdr. None of the alternate weapons were further developed for the T6. The engine was the same as the M3 Lee, the Wright R975(13.3 hp/t), but the T6 featured enough space for the Wright G200 engine(~700 to ~960 hp). The T6 also featured 3 .30 cal hull MGs and two of which were in a fixed position, two more .30 cal MGs were located in the turret(coaxial and in the cupola). On September 5, 1941 the T6 was accepted into service as the medium tank M4. The first Sherman was only slightly modified from the T6 and later spawned the Tier 5 M4 in WoT and later M4 variants that served on 6 continents. In WoT the T6 would fit as a good tier 4 premium or as a tier 5 regular tank using with the ability to use the 6 pdr or the 105 mm howitzer. As a tier 4 it would have a good gun but would be inferior to the M3 Lee in overall firepower. As a tier 5 the T6 could pose as an alternate tier 5 medium to either the M4 or the M7. Source: Hunnicutt’s Sherman PS You know what really gets on my nerves? The T29′s icon that uses the 76 mm gun. Why can’t WG change this to the historical 105 mm that is also much more pleasant to look at? Another similar issue is this image that has the M103 that isn’t armed with the M58 gun. Why must it torment my dreams?

More...