Previous Q&A Quick reminder as to how this works: you send your questions to tankarchives@gmail.com, and I answer them. Q: Is this a T-10 heavy tank with a D-10T? A: Nope. It’s an M-62 with most of the gun past the bore evacuator cut off. The D-10 had no such device near the muzzle. Q: Do you know anything about a T-34-85 with a U-11 howitzer? A: The only thing that I have read on T-34s with any similar gun is this: a T-34 120 mm mortar project. It was placed on a T-34-76, instead of the F-34, with the same recoil mechanisms. Q: How does the T-55 compare to the in-game T-54? Do you think we will ever see it in the game? A: The T-54 and T-55 were very similar in real life. The T-54 in-game would also be very similar to the T-55. The guns are identical. The D-10T2S (D-10, tank, dual plane stabilization) was used on the T-54B and T-55, so it only makes sense that it’s in the in-game T-54. A T-55 would have no advantage here. The production T-55 had a 580 hp engine, but the in-game T-54 has a prototype 700 hp engine. The armour is not better than the in-game T-54 either: only 100 mm in the front hull (compared to the T-54′s 120), and the same 200 mm in the front of the turret. The T-55 does have a larger ammo rack, but that doesn’t really affect its performance much. The major advantages of the T-55 were features that don’t really transfer over to the game (improves NBC protection, thermal obscurant, automatic fire extinguishers, etc). Q: Do you know of any tank destroyer projects on the IS-4 chassis? A: There were two, but not much is known about them. Yuri Pasholok posted a list of GABTU projects in 1946, which contained the following: 4th quarter of 1946: Design and production of an experimental SPG with a 152 mm gun (900 m/s muzzle velocity) based on the Object 701 (closed top) Design and production of an experimental SPG with a 130 mm S-26 gun based on the Object 701 (closed top) That is all I have read about these projects. Q: Do you know how many radios were provided by Lend-Lease to the USSR? A:*Baryatinskiy writes “enough radio sets to equip 150 divisions and telephone sets to equip 329 divisions” in 1942-43 and 360 divisions worth of radios in 1944-45. That’s it for now! Write to tankarchives@gmail.com, and I will answer all your questions (within a reasonable scope, of course :P)

More...