So, let us start with the answers on previous World of Warships related post.
First of all, I'd like to say that many questions are already answered in corresponding topics on NA forums:
I'll try to answer all questions, that I consider worth answering.
1. What ships classes will there be in:
Battleships/Battlecruisers, Aircraft Carriers, Cruisers Light/Cruisers Heavy and Destroyers.
2. Maneuvering will be very important, because active maneuvering will help you to dodge incoming shells, like in real life. Of course I mean shells, that were fired from long distances - 20km and more.
3. We will start with WoT-like "capture the base" mode, with one or two bases. There of course will be more game modes at start, but I can't say anything about them yet.
4. Alpha testing of World of Warships will not begin this year. Expect Spring or even Summer 2013.
5. We will use our own matchmaker system, with some limits in quantity of some ship classes per battle.
6. For customization of ship's armament: we will use a preset
system, which can be described as a whole bunch of weapons, FCS, etc, that can be researched and installed at once.
There of course will be some player-manually-selectable parts of ship configuration, but the main ship's fighting capabilities will depend on what preset is bought and installed.
7. There won't be upgradeable main caliber guns for Yamato and possibly for Montana and Iowa class BBs.
The reason is that these guns are good and more than enough to sink anything.
8. Players will be able to research and upgrade planes on their CVs; the mechanism will be similiar to research and upgrades of guns/turrets for tanks in WoT.
9. There will most possibly be a limit to at least one type of each plane type squadron on a CV, so that players cannot use fighters only or bombers only CVs.
10. No preliminary tech trees now, sorry. All I can tell, that I'm the person who is actually making the trees with the help of historical consultants, of course :)
11. CAs/CLs/DDs will be able to use torpedoes, of course. The question whether BBs and BCs will be able to use torpedoes is still open among our dev team.
12. Bismarck/Tirpiz class post-Washington BBs will of course be a part of HSF/KM BB tree.
13. About naval strategies, blueprints and so on - I'll make posts on this topics, of course.
14. No, our gameplay mechanics won't mimic Battlestations game series.
15. We are trying to make a balanced ship trees and a balanced differences between different classes.
16. Our first nations will be the USA and Japan, as nations with biggest navies in WWII.
That is all for today.
Feel free to ask more questions, though my next post will be about ship blueprints.