Hello everyone, most of you have probably already seen (or at least heard of) the Wargaming 15 year anniverary company history video. If there’s someone who has not, here it is in English: * * So, I’ve seen it and… *deep breath* It’s pretty good actually. I like it. It’s not a silly “slumdog millionaire” story about guys, who sold crap and suddenly made millions. The company evolved for over a decade, made bad games in the past, made good game in the past and there was a lot of hard work. What personally surprised me was, how little space did Sergei Burkatovsky (aka SerB) get. I always thought he was like one of the three-four people, who were there in the beginning, but apparently it’s not like that. Considering how iconic he is (at least on Russian server), they should have given him more space, or at least tell “his story”. Also, I haven’t seen Overlord mentioned anywhere, when WoT Blitz was discussed, I thought he’s one of the leading developers of that thing. Another thing that surprised me was Viktor Kislyi’s brother (was it? or cousin? can’t remember) – I had no idea of his existence, I thought WG USA is led by… well, someone, an American perhaps. No idea why they interview some Human Resources employee (the woman) either. I mean, HR is important, but it’s not game development. Anyway, judging by the comments, lots of people seem to be concerned by the “propaganda” and “lies”, especially when it comes to “listening to the community”. Despite my often critical position towards Wargaming, I think some people are not fair in this case. Wargaming does listen, at least to reasonable ideas. For heavens sake, there is a daily (!) communication with the lead developers, how many other games have that? The truth about player suggestion is that overall, players (as a whole) have no idea what they want. Half of the players was angry when they nerfed arty, half was glad arty is not such a menace anymore. Another part of players still thinks that German tanks are underpowered etc. Wargaming can’t listen to everyone, simple as that. Obviously, I do not condone all WG actions (the Stalin issue handling was probably the worst screwup I’ve seen since I started playing WoT, and considering the other fails, that’s saying a lot), but when it comes to WG listening to player feedback, I think they do it – you know, just right. At least overall (the EU vs RU community is another matter). Anyway, that’s all I wanted to say.

More...