Hello everyone, just wanted to write down a few impressions, for those who are interested in my opinion. I tested with 100 percent crews and full equipment setup. As general changes, you can expect a LOT slower interface for some reason (everything gets these “delays”, like lags), very annoying. Especially the new Service record tab does that. Battles take longer to load. However, FXAA framerate improved for me, the games are pretty smooth right now. I’ll start with Soviet tanks. A-43 Pretty standard Soviet vehicle. It’s fairly mobile (feels more mobile than the T-43 or T-34/85), with decent frontal armor, which is compensated by worse guns. The top gun is either long 57mm or 76mm S-54. With that being said, if you like to keep your distance, the 57mm is DEFINITELY a better choice: it is more accurate, fires fast like hell and the gold shells have very good penetration. The depression is quite good and overall, I was quite happy with this vehicle. It doesn’t accelerate too fast, but it’s not a slowpoke either. I was very satisfied. In a dogfight with VK3002M, if you get close, he has no chance. My rating: 7/10 A-44 Well, this vehicle has definitely issues – probably the type of you expect from a rear turret vehicle. I am not used to this setup (I try to avoid such tanks actively), so I did have some problems with it. First, the frontal armor is FAR from thick, it can’t take a beating at all. Second, for some reason, it takes a LOT of engine damage (yep, and fires). If you think Germans have it bad, wait till you see this sucker. You’ll have to stay back and support, because in close combat, you are dead with a capital D. The tank is extremely sluggish and its only saving grace is the massive 107mm gun, that HURTS – but that’s about it, it’s not accurate and by the time it aims properly, your grandkids will play around your feet. Hulldown is obviously impossible, as the depression makes you wanna strangle SerB (or that guy who came up with the design) with bare hands. Overall, I dislike this vehicle and I suspect many others will too. On medium ranges it is marginally effective however, if you manage to hit anything. My rating: 4/10 Object 416 So, you expected a tier 8 AMX ELC? How terrible… you sure as hell aren’t getting it. Without further ado, Object 416 is probably one of the least comfortable tanks in the entire game to play. It looks sleek and fast, but it’s anything but – it’s VERY sluggish (even in elite configuration, 100 percent crew and equipment). The armor is kinda paper. But then there’s the tier 9 gun. It’s devastating – and I mean it. Awesome rate of fire, decent accuracy, good damage. However, there’s a catch: the tank has practically 0 depression, just like the A-44 (even worse in fact). The ammo for the 2nd gun is also HIDEOUSLY expensive, more than the ammo of Object 140 for example (1200 creds per round). On the plus side, it’s very low and it has awesome camo factor, from what I can tell. Conclusion: it’s not a medium tank, for all intents and purposes, this vehicle is a tank destroyer – and a very specialized at that. You have to learn good spots, that will offset your 0 depression handicap. You can’t move too much, because the vehicle has a HUGE side silhouette (it’s long) and it’s very fragile. The turret doesn’t rotate 360 degrees (only like 150, 75 to each side), so forget any circling. To be quite honest, I don’t know what to think of it. As a medium tank, it’s completely hopeless. As a tank destroyer, however (with camo net and everything), it could be okay. Time will tell. My rating: 5/10 Object 140 My problem with rating the Object 140 is that I have never played the T-62A, so I can’t compare them really. It feels a bit sluggish, even with a 100 percent crew, kinda like the T-54, the gun is good of course and the armor can’t be properly tested with everyone firing gold rounds, so I’d say it’s a very decent medium, but I dare not evaluate it. Part 2 (Germans) will come tomorrow.

More...