Status Report: Armored Warfare Q&A
Battalions and Territory Wars
- The developers are currently assuming that the upcoming Battalion versus Battalion mode “Territory Wars” will be using high tier vehicles, although it is possible that there will be certain tier-limited zones for low tier tanks as well The decision will depend on testing
- The battalions will get the ability to choose when to fight by select their prime-time. The mechanism is as follows: there is a world map and on it there are “flashpoints” – zones of conflict. Each “flashpoint” has two parameters: battle time (time zone) and tier. It will be possible to fight on several “flashpoints” at once and capture parts of the map there. The more zones you capture and the higher their tier, the better the reward. It will actually be possible to capture the entire Flashpoint map
- It’s too early to talk about whether it will be possible to merge two or more player battalions, the feature will only be developed once the battalion mechanism is already in place
- There are plans to introduce special military bases for battalions. They won’t come immediately, but relatively soon
- For now, the 100 battalion member limit will not be increased; the developers will wait with any such decision on test results.
- The developers are working on promotion events for both regular players and for battalions; they are currently considering various reward mechanisms. Many of these ideas are coming from the players on the forums
- Developers are considering implementing a “tactical map” feature for team leaders, where they could show their teams what to do, make marks on the map etc
- It’s very likely the Territory Wars will be split into seasons with separate ratings for each
- Regarding the PvE boss fights, one is already in development. PvE boss fights will not require battalions to participate, but of course playing with your friends while coordinating the fight by voice does give you quite an advantage. Battalion-only PvE missions will not be introduced for now
- The developers are planning to introduce a “report a bug” button to the client
- The developers are planning to make the post-battle screen list of players interactive (so players can add the players from last battle to their friends list or report them)
- The developers are considering adding the battalion news bar directly to the game so the battalion leadership can leave messages in the client visible to battalion members
- For now there are no plans for survival mode
- The statement that very large maps (for example 2x2 km) would make the gameplay more interesting is not always true. The Reactor map is quite large and its gameplay must be analyzed. The size of maps will however increase in the future.
- There are plans to separate maps by vehicle tiers but only when there are enough maps in the game to do that
- There are no immediate plans to add maps based on real cities such as New York or Moscow. There are several reasons for that – for one, city maps always cause performance issues. Secondly, there are concerns that making real life places might create unnecessary friction. Instead, the developers are aiming at creating a specific unique atmosphere (distinctive for each territory) for each map without specifically referring to an existing location
- Developers are considering adding the option to create inter-server tournaments (RU versus EU versus NA for example)
- The bug where the enemy hides behind a dead tank and the aiming reticle incorrectly indicates that the dead tank can be penetrated is known and will be fixed.
- The developers know about the bug where a dead tank can still capture bases if it gets destroyed within the base circle, it will be fixed
- The developers know that one of the Retrofit modules (Intercom Systems)