Hello everyone, so, I asked around a bit (or, rather, was reminded) how exactly it is with the Rising Sun Japanese flag (Kyokujitsu-Ki) and Japanese armor. The result was surprising: Historically, the Japanese used this flag only for the Navy, it was never put on the Japanese tanks themselves. In fact, allegedly the only case of a Japanese flag painting on a tank is a real Japanese flag (white field, red circle) and it was on a Chi-Nu tank and it was one case. The Imperial Japanese Army never used that flag either in general. The Japanese “did use a small brass start near the nose of the front glacis plate, but that’s it”, according to Daigensui, who informed me of all this. In other words, Wargaming was historically correct not to put this decal on tanks, but of course since there were no such pictures at all on Japanese vehicles, the question as to what decal will the Japanese tanks have in game is allegedly not yet decided and the Japanese flag on Chi-Nu Kai is temporary. With this, I will be closing the discussion under the original flag article, you can continue here, but please, be civil.

More...