another Q&A from Armored Warfare:
First look into Update 0.12
- Update 0.12 is near and will appear on EU and NA server in mid-December. It will include a large number of corrections. Here are some of its main features:
- Visual camouflage - the ability to cover vehicles with multiple camouflage patterns
- Camouflage bonus overhaul - some of the camouflage penalties are now progressive (for example staying on one spot while shooting will make the camouflage progressively worse)
- New Tank Destroyer ability - the long range sniping bonus is replaced by active tank destroyer ability, "Gun Suppression"
- The ability to turn regular vehicles into semi-premiums - a Renowned vehicle can now be turned into "Battle-Hardened" for gold, providing 25 percent bonus to credit gain, crew experience and commander experience and 10 percent bonus to reputation
- The full list and descriptions of the features will be released next week.
Other Developer information
AW's December Calender. More Options here.
- Ricochets cannot damage other vehicles. Richard Taylor on this matter: "We've never supported having bounced shells hit adjacent vehicles. It's something we'd like to get to some day, but the visual element of the bouncing shell right now is purely visual fluff and has no gameplay ramifications."
- Developers are fine with the current influence of randomness in Armored Warfare: it does not influence spotting at all and the penetration/damage influence for AP shells is only 10 percent
- There are no plans to introduce premium ammunition ("gold shells") to the game
- Battalion alliance functions are planned for the Territory Wars mode
- The notion that only feedback from players with good statistics should be listened to is false - all feedback is important, the developers are interested in the problems encountered by newbies as well